Be it hardcore computer professionals or just casual net surfers, Windows is a user interface that is admired by a lot of people. The major reason behind this fact is that it is very user friendly and comes with a lot of tools and special features. You really don’t have to be a net savvy person for using and enjoying benefits of Windows. Another significant feature of Windows is that the users get the liberty to upgrade to the upgraded versions without much trouble. In case of troubleshooting, you can always rely on Windows help. It will really be of assistance for you to deal with all the technical issues related to Windows XP. The following tips will aid you in getting an idea describing how to resolve issues at the earliest.
Troubleshooting tips for Windows
- For getting started with any technical issues, you can always tap on F1. Apart from that, you can very well make use of reliable online technicians who can help you through remote access. They will be ready to answer your queries and provide the necessary help at the earliest.
- In case of smaller technical problems you can make use of ‘Help and Support’ found on Microsoft Windows. This personal computer support option on the system has got links to information pertaining to ‘Networks’, ‘Printers’ and ‘Faxes’.
- If you are using a Windows 7 PC, you can activate the support center from the basic ‘Start’ menu. All you need to do is directly enter ‘Help and Support’ in the search bar. Alternatively, there is another option for doing it. You can go to ‘Maintenance’ option and that can be found in the menu called ‘Programs’.
- Adding to that you will be glad to know that you can get quick responses for Windows related issues and doubts. That’s very easy. It’s done by clicking on (?) icon and select ‘Browse Help Topics’.
- If you are having a Windows XP version, you will have to make sure you have got the complementary CD that helps in XP installation.
- Another important aspect that needed to be checked is that you have to enable ‘Help and Support’ for activating and using the support features. Click on ‘Services.MSC’ keyword and move your cursor down to ‘Help and Support’. Once this is done, you need to ensure that ‘Startup Type’ is switched on to ‘Automatic’. Adding to that you will also have to ensure that your service status says that ‘it’s Started’.
So next time when you are facing any technical issues on your system, make use of Windows help. That will certainly be helpful and you can resolve the technical problems.