It is a common practice to set password in your Windows computer for security reasons. Sometimes, you may also want to change the original administrator account password. For resetting the administrator account password, you would require an access to that specific account.
According to the Windows help and support team, the administrator account will be having complete access over the computer. So, resetting the administrator account can be somewhat a difficult task as compared to changing the password for a regular account. For changing the administrator account password, the administrator first needs to create a reset disk using a USB flash drive and then try resetting the password.
For resetting the original administrator account password, you can use the following instructions provided by the Windows help and support team.
Creating a password reset disk
- At first, you need to login to Windows using the administrator account and then insert a USB flash drive into the open USB port.
- Next, you need to click on the Windows “Start” menu and then enter “User Accounts” into the “Search” box. Now, you need to press “Enter” and launch the “User Accounts” control panel. Alternatively, you can also launch this option by clicking on “Start” followed by “Control Panel.“
- Now, you need to clickon the “Create a password reset disk” option. This would open the “Forgotten Password Wizard” window wherein you need to click “Next.“
- You need to choose the USB drive from the drop-down menu and click on “Next.” Now, you can type in your current password and then click “Next” to start creating a password reset disk. Once it is completed, click on “Finish.“
Resetting the password:
- After you have created the disk, you can insert the same into an open USB port. Now, reboot your system.
- In the next step, you need to click on the “Reset Password” option once you get the pop up message for the login password. After the “Reset Password Wizard” is launched, click on “Next.”
- Now, you can choose the drive, which contains the USB flash drive and then click on “Next.” Here, type in the new password and click “Next.” Once the process is completed, click on “Finish.”
By following these instructions, you can successfully reset the original administrative account password. If you still experience issues in changing the password in your system, feel free to contact our 24/7 technical support team.