Windows Live Messenger is a free messenger application released by Microsoft and helps a user to be in touch with their family and friends all over the world. Using Windows Live Messenger is easy. Like other applications, you need to download and install the Live Messenger application on your computer. Then only will you be able to perform voice chat using Windows Live Messenger. Well, given below are some easy instructions given by the Windows help team to start a voice chat using Windows Live Messenger.
- Switch on your Windows computer and locate the sound jack of your computer, which is commonly found at the backside of the computer. However, in some cases, it is located in the front side, which you can easily identify by looking at the color codes. The pink jack that you will find is the microphone jack whereas the green jack is for the speaker. After that, you need to plug the headphones in to this sound jack by looking at its color.
- After, that you need to keep your headphones in the ear and keep the microphones near to your mouth so that the other person who is calling you can easily hear what you are saying.
- Next, you need to start the Windows Live Messenger application in your Windows computer.
- Now, in the Windows Live Messenger window, you will be able to see the list of contacts included in it. Click on the name of the person whom you need to contact with from the conversation window and click the icon that is labeled Call. The icon will resemble the shape of a phone.
- Now, your call will be sent to the person that you have selected and you can start talking only when the other person accepts your call invitation. When the other person accepts your call, you can start talking without any interference.
- Finally, to end the call conversation, you need to again click the icon called Call.
It is possible to change the volume of the microphone and speaker by using the sliders that are seen on the right hand side of the window.
These instructions given by the Windows help team will help you to carry out a voice chat using the Windows Live Messenger application. For more doubts and information, contact the Microsoft support number.