Among the different operating systems launched by Microsoft, Windows XP has been the most successful operating system of all times. Even though many successors were introduced, the simple interface of XP has no rivals. Windows Vista, Windows 7 and 8 are embedded with numerous features and properties, but the user-friendly nature of Windows XP makes it the all time favorite among computer users all over the world.
If you have Windows XP in your computer, you may have noticed the Help & Support option on it, which helps you to clear your doubts regarding different tasks in XP. Most often Help & Support guides you with systematic instructions. If you need any technical assistance with any issue, you can easily contact technical support by navigating through the Windows Help and Support option in Windows XP.
If you do not wish to have the Microsoft Help & Support option in XP, you can follow the instructions below, which will help you to remove the same.
- Select the Start button on your desktop. You will find it on the left bottom corner of the screen.
- A menu will now appear and you should click on Run.
- In the dialogue box of Run, type regedit.exe. You need to ensure that you have typed .exe because otherwise another window will appear on your screen. If you find a list of folders with plus sign next to it, then that is the registry. Making variation in registry should be done with utmost care because a small negligence can affect the performance of your computer. Ensure that you do not delete anything even by mistake unless you are a skilled technician.
- Now navigate to the following folder on the left side of the Registry Editor window
- On the right pane, right click and click New and then choose DWORD value.
- Now name the DWORD value and give following: NoStartMenuHelp
- After creating the value, double click the value. Now change the value to 1.
- Now close regedit.
- Restart your computer.
Before trying the step, you should collect more information about registry. To know more about registry, visit the website of Microsoft to know more about registry, learn about removing Windows Help and Support option and to insert the same in the future, if it is ever needed.