Despite the advent of its visually impressive successors- Windows Vista and 7, Windows XP is still rated as the most stable and user friendly platform released till date. Even though it lacks the visual splendour of its successors, XP continues to be the most sought after OS of the times, thanks to its sheer efficiency and performance. Working on XP is not about having fun, but all about experiencing what a task-oriented computing platform should be. However, owing to some reason or the other, you never know when your PC would land up in trouble.
In this post, we give you a comprehensive account on how to repair your Windows XP SP3 computer.
Repairing Windows XP SP3
As you might know well, Service Pack 3 was the last update pack released for Windows XP platforms. Even though the package came with a host of features ensuring the efficiency and security of XP computers, quite a few issues were reported over time. Well, as the Windows XP support crew points out, the OS needn’t be held the culprit for such issues, rather any cases of viral intrusions have to be investigated. No matter how efficient your OS is, your PC would succumb to irreversible faults if any lethal viruses attack it.
According to the Windows XP support crew, the following steps are in order for resolving any grave issues with your XP computer:
- Commence the procedure by clicking on the “Start” menu on your desktop. Choose “Control Panel” from the resulting options.
- As the Control Panel window launches, click on the option that reads “Add or Remove Programs“, whereby the list of programs installed on your PC would be generated.
- You may now scroll through the list of installed programs and select “Service Pack 3“. Click on “Repair” and follow the on-screen prompts to repair the update package. Restart your PC when prompted.
- In case the issue doesn’t get resolved, proceed to uninstall SP3 and install one afresh. In order to uninstall the update, backtrack to the “Add or Remove Programs” option in the Control Panel window.
- Scroll through the list to locate “Service Pack 3“. Click on the option that reads “Remove“. Click on “Yes” to confirm the removal. When prompted, restart your computer.
- Finally, navigate to the Windows XP SP3 download page in order to install the update afresh.
The above account would surely prove helpful in mending any issues with your Windows XP SP3 platform.
For any further assistance, feel free to get in touch with Windows XP help.