Windows operating systems is a famous ecosystem in which people prefer to work. It is one of the user-friendly operating systems used by most of the corporate offices, educational institutes, homes and other places. Though it is loaded with better functionalities that improve productivity, sometimes Windows might run into issues. Out of the issues that arise in Windows system, we are going to discuss about what has to be done when the operating system refuses to start.
The good thing about Windows is that the operating system has a recovery console. This recovery console will help you fix the damaged boot files. With the help of this console, you will be able to recover damaged boot files in a jiffy. You have to recover data from the hard drive in order to fix the issue with boot files. The recovery console will be located in every Windows Vista or Windows 7 installation DVD. Moreover, you will be able to fix registry files, repair the boot files along with other files that stop Windows from booting. Follow these Windows help tips to recover boot files quickly.
- Find the installation DVD and Insert it into the disk drive. You need to Restart the computer.
- When prompted to boot to the DVD, you need to hit the Spacebar on the keyboard.
- This will initiate the Windows Recovery Console.
- In the next step, you need to select the preferred Language, Keyboard Settings along with the Time Zone from the Windows drop down box.
- Click on Next to go to the main installation screen. Here you would usually click on the installation if this was an installation process. Since you are about to repair the computer, click on the appropriate option. Click on the button labeled Repair Your Computer.
- Select the OS in the next window and then click on Next. The main recovery console option is in the next window. Click on the Startup Repair link.
- This would direct Windows with the recovery process, which would check every file relevant to booting. In case Windows finds files that are Corrupt, it will Replace the same.
- At the end of the process, you have to Remove the DVD. Restart the computer for the changes to become effective.
In case the issue is too complicated that you are not able to work properly even after resolving with the Windows recovery console, you can visit our website to get advanced Windows helpand support.