Have you people ever wondered where do those unwanted files go when you press the delete button on your computer? Well, your computer does have a specific location where all these unnecessary files go and that location is known as the Recycle Bin. Now, Recycle Bin is where your computer trash goes each time you place a file into the trash icon on your computer system. However, the trash icon may not be displayed on the desktop of your computer system always. Now, here in this article we will learn about how to show up the Recycle Bin in your desktop. Given below are some simple instructions from the Windows help team that will help you in getting this done.
- Start out the process by right clicking your mouse for once and hitting the option that is labelled by Personalize. Doing so will open up the Appearance and Personalization screen in Windows 7.
- Next up, you need to click on the link that reads Change desktop icons.
- Now, you need to click on the check box next to Recycle Bin from the Desktop Icons tab in order to put a check sign there. After that, you need to hit the OK button and this will place the Recycle Bin on your desktop.
- Once you do that, you can now delete the files by simply dragging them to the Recycle Bin icon. You can also do this by right clicking on the file that needs to be removed and then click on the Delete option from the list of options in the drop down menu.
- Following which you can access your trash folder by double clicking on the Recycle Bin icon. You can get back the deleted items by right clicking on the file and pressing the option labelled Restore.
- If you have a low disk space, you can empty the Recycle Bin. For this, you just need to click on the icon that is labelled by Empty Recycle Bin.
- You can customize the Recycle Bin according to your preferences. You can do this by right clicking on your desktop and then select the option named Properties. With this option, you can change the size of your Recycle Bin. Apart from that, you can set the Recycle Bin to delete the files by default and not save them.
Now, there it is! By now, you must have understood how to use the Recycle Bin in Windows 7 computers. For any further assistance, or in case of any error, please feel free to get in touch with our Windows help team.