We all access the “Computer” icon when we wish to visit the contents in different drives, for opening the secondary drives, to view the storage space in each drives and for assigning permission.
Essentially, none of these actions would be possible without opening the “Computer” icon. Any newly installed operating system would be assigned to the C drive of your computer. The other drives would function as the secondary drives and the disk drive. For accessing the C drive of your computer, you may have to navigate through the “Computer “ icon on your desktop. However, sometimes you may not find the icon on your desktop.
What would you do if you were unable to find the “Computer” icon? Well, you can either contact Windows Help and support team for assistance or follow the instructions given below to restore the icon on your desktop.
Instructions to restore the “Computer” icon
- You can click either the Start button on your desktop or the Windows orb logo that you find on the taskbar of the desktop. From the menu that appears, you can select Control Panel.
- Choose Appearance and Personalization from the different items and select Personalization. This will open a new window.
- Select the Change Desktop icons button that you find on the left side of the window. This will open a new dialog box.
- Next to the Computer icon, put a check mark.
- Now select the OK button and close all the windows and boxes that are open.
How to restore to Start Menu
- You can click either the Start button on your desktop or the Windows orb logo that you can locate at the bottom taskbar. Clicking it will open up the menu from which you can access the Control Panel.
- Choose the Appearance and Personalization category and select Taskbar and Start Menu, which will open a new dialog box.
- You can select Start Menu tab and it will appear in the front. You can select the Customize button and this will open up the dialog box that read Customize Start Menu.
- Select the radio button next to Display as a link or Display as a menu. You will find this below the Computer category. You can choose the one that would suit you.
- Once you have chosen the appropriate option, select OK and close all the boxes.
If you have any trouble following the above steps, contact Windows Help and Support team for assistance.