It does not matter which computer or laptop you use, it is always advisable that you run the latest operating system in it. This is because by installing the latest operating system, your computer will have the latest security features. It will be more refined and free from bugs. Since newer operating systems run faster than the old ones, you can work more efficiently. According to Windows help blogs, by using a new operating system, you will be able to run most of the hardware and software applications. This is because these applications would be designed to function with all latest operating systems in the market.
Now, the latest operating system available in the market is Windows 8 or Windows 8.1. It comes in two different versions; the Standard version with a price tag of 119.99 dollars and the professional version for 199.99 dollars. If you have bought your laptop before 2012, you might most probably have Windows 7 preinstalled in it. As mentioned above, it is advisable to upgrade to the latest operating system for receiving the best support.
However, some of the users of Toshiba laptops have complained that the upgrade to Windows 8 has resulted in some major troubles like driver issues. In this post, we will find out how to resolve these driver issues.
- Turn on the laptop. If you are in the desktop screen, go to the Start screen. Press the Windows key in the keyboard to go to the Start screen.
- In the Start screen, press the button Windows and Q together. Search for the option Service Station and select it.
- The above step launches the window for Toshiba Service Station.
- Select the Accept button and choose the option Check for Updates.
- With the above step, you will receive a list of Windows 8 drivers available. Choose the option Toshiba Service Station Client Update and choose the button Download/Install. With this, you can ensure that you do not have to download each update and install it.
- When the installation of Toshiba Service Station completes, mark the check box near the option Install and then choose the button Install All.
- The drivers will be downloaded automatically. This could last for several minutes and depends on the speed of your internet connection.
- Restart the computer when the installation completes.
With the above step, you can fix the driver issues associated with your Toshiba laptop. For further assistance, you may contact the Windows help center or our technical support team.