If you are using a computer that is shared by multiple users or is connected to a network, you’ll need to take steps to ensure that your PC is protected from harm. There are thousands of cyber criminals out there whose main aim is to steal your personal information. One of the ways of providing protection to your computer is by enabling the Windows security feature of your Windows operating system. This article contains instructions to do the same.
Windows help instructions
What you can find below are the instructions given by the Windows help team which will assist you in the process of enabling Windows security.
Instructions to enable Windows security in Windows XP
- Commence this procedure by clicking the “Start” button which is located on your task bar.
- Highlight the option named “Settings” in the Start menu and click on “Control Panel”. You can also open your Control Panel by double-clicking on the “My Computer” icon situated on your desktop and clicking on the “Control Panel” option on the left side of the window.
- Make sure that your Control Panel is in the Category view and then select the option labeled “Performance and Maintenance”.
- Continue with this procedure by clicking on the icon labeled “Administrative tools” located under “or pick a control panel icon” section of the performance and maintenance section.
- Double-click on the icon which says “Services”. The services window will now open up.
- Double-click on the option which says “Security center” from the list. This will open up the “Security center properties” window.
- Click on the tab labeled “General” and choose “Automatic” from the “Start up type” drop down menu. Click the “Start” button under the “Service status” section. This will enable your Windows security feature.
- Finally, end this procedure by clicking “OK” in the security center properties window and closing the Control Panel.
Instructions to enable Windows security in Windows Vista
- Initiate this procedure by clicking the “Start” button and selecting “Control Panel”.
- Click on the option labeled “Security” and then “Security Center” from the Control Panel window.
- Choose the options that you want to activate from “Firewall”, “Automatic updating”, “Malware protection” and “Other security settings”.
- Finally, end this procedure by exiting the “Security Center” and “Control Panel”.
That’s all with the Windows help instructions on enabling the Windows security feature. Have a nice day.