Busy? Don’t have time to search for the latest updates and install them into your Vista system? Worrying about how to protect your system from potential dangers?
Don’t be, Windows help has the best option for users like you- the Windows Automatic Updates. Windows will automatically check for the cutting edge updates and install them in your system. If you don’t want Windows to do the installation, just the checking, you have option for that also.
Windows help explains that the automatic update is a built-in default feature in Vista operating system. The settings can be tweaked to work well with the user’s preference. Configuring the update feature is very simple and handy.
Configuring Windows Automatic Updates in Vista
Windows help recommends the following steps for configuring the automatic update feature in Vista system.
- Click on the Start button.
- Select All Programs and then select Windows Update from the pop-up menu.
- Choose the Windows Update tab at the top of the displayed window.
- Click the Get updates for more products button.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to have Windows Vista search through the hard drive to check for any available updates.
- Choose Yes to install any updates that might be needed.
- Restart the PC.
Now the latest updates will be installed into your system. If you want to set Vista to automatically check and install new updates, the steps for changing the setting are given below:
- Click on Start menu.
- Select All Programs and select Windows Update.
- Click on Change Settings tab at the top of the window.
- Click the Install updates automatically button.
- Click on the down arrow to expand the drop-down menu of the Install new updates tab.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Every day.
- Choose a particular time for the updates.
- Close the window.
It’s better to choose a time when the system will be free for the updates to happen. According to the options selected, Vista will check for the new updates and install them in the preferred interval. You can also configure Automatic Updates to notify you when new updates are released.
That is all. Have a nice day!