A malicious program that is said to infect files is commonly known as Computer virus. A virus is said to harm or delete files. It is also found to steal information. It sometimes even has remote control over a system. In the opinion of Channel web, consumers have to spend billions of dollars by the end of every year in order to prevent as well as remove computer viruses. Microsoft Windows is able to provide help as well as support for the removal of viruses as part of its Windows operating systems. This program is known as the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal tool. It is accessible from the “Run” application. The procedure to remove viruses with Windows help has been detailed below.
The Procedure for Removal of Viruses
- Commence this procedure by clicking the Start button. Then proceed to select “All Programs”, followed by “Windows Update.” Permit the Windows Update application to load.
- Locate and click the “Check for Updates” link which is on the left hand side of the screen. Permit the application to begin scanning your computer in order to find out the necessary updates to the Windows operating system as well as related applications like the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool.
- You are then instructed to close the Windows Update application.
- As part of the next instruction of this procedure, you are expected to click the start button. Choose “All Programs,” “Accessories” and then proceed to click “Run.”
- The follow-up instruction of this procedure is to click “Next” which is conveniently located at the bottom of the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool Window. Choose “Full Scan” in the window that is found to appear. Then click “Next.”
- After which, you have to allow the scan to complete. The scan may take several minutes or sometimes even an hour to complete on the basis of the size as well as number of storage drives.
- Finally, you are instructed to follow the on-screen instructions in order to remove any one of the viruses that has been detected as well other malware. Click “Finish” in order to shut down the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal tool.
With that, the procedure to remove viruses with Windows help is complete. If you need more help with the removal of viruses, do make it a point to contact the Windows help center.