Windows mail happens to be the latest email application which is given along with Windows Vista as well as later releases. Email can be stored as well as organized in folders. This allows easy retrieval. It also helps in avoiding any confusion of web-based email systems. You may configure Windows mail so as to manage your Comcast email account. You may do this by following a few steps suggested by the Windows support team. These are detailed below.
- Begin these instructions by launching Windows mail. Click “Tools” followed by “Accounts.”
- Following which, you have to click “Add” followed by “Email Account.” click “Next.” Give a display name as you would like it to appear when you choose to send an email to someone. Click “Next.” Give your Comcast email address in the box which is provided. Click “Next.”
- After that, you have to type “mail.comcast.net” in the incoming mail server entry field as well as “smtp.comcast.net” in the outgoing mail server entry field. Click “Next.” Give your Comcast user name as well as password. Click “Next.” Click “Finish” in order to have your settings changed.
- Proceed to click “Tools’ followed by “Accounts.” Highlight your Comcast email account. Click “Properties.” Click “Server” and check the box beside “My Server Requires Authentication” in the Outgoing Mail Server field.
- Click “Settings” and click the radio button next to the option which is meant for using the same settings as your incoming mail server. Close the window by clicking “Ok.”
- click the “Advanced” tab which is provided in the Properties dialog box. Find the Outgoing Server entry which is provided underneath the Server Port Number label. Enter 587 in the entry field for your Outgoing server port number. Click “Apply” in order to have the settings saved. Exit the window by clicking “OK.”
- Click “Close” in order to exit the Accounts window.
That brings us to the end of the instructions to be followed in order to change the Email Setup on Windows mail for Comcast. Feel free to contact the Windows support center if you need further technical support. Also, visit the corresponding website.
After reading this article, you should have a basic understanding of how to change your email even without assistance. I hope it has helped you.