Wallpapers and screensavers make the computer look more personalized and appealing. Users can set images of their choice as desktop backgrounds or as screensaver to increase their appeal. Windows help gives you the procedure for changing the background image and other settings in Windows XP operating system. These steps are simple and can be done quickly.
Procedures by Windows help
The steps for changing the background settings are as follows:
- Go to Start and select Control Panel.
- Double click Display. If the Display option is not shown, click Switch to Classic View on the left side of the Control Panel window.
- Now you can change the desktop theme. Choose the Theme tab and use the drop-down box to select a theme or browse for more themes online.
- Press Save As when you’ve chosen a theme.
- While setting Themes, you can also alter the icon size, font size, background, and even your mouse’s cursor.
- To customize the desktop, choose the Desktop tab.
- Select a XP background from the provided list or the user can select Browse to use an image stored on the computer.
- Change how the background should be displayed by using the Position drop-down box.
- Options include Center (to centralize the background on the desktop), Tile(to replicate the background across the desktop) and Stretch, which stretches the image to fit the screen.
- Change the screen saver and screen saver settings by choosing the Screen Saver tab.
- Choose a screen saver from the drop-down list.
- Change how long the computer must be idle before the screen saver appears in the Wait box. Use the Power settings option change the timings.
- Change how dialog boxes, icons and their corresponding fonts appear under the Appearance tab.
- Click the Advanced button for more options.
- Add transitions and effects to the icons and dialog boxes by clicking the Effects button.
- Change the size of the display itself by choosing the Settings tab, which includes resolution and color quality.
These adjustments will change the way your computer and the desktop looks. Instead of using an already existing image as your wallpaper, you can also set online pictures as desktop background. Right-click on the image and select Set as desktop image option. The image will be set as your desktop wallpaper.
For more details contact Windows help.