Display properties are those attributes of the operating system that enables a soothing and preferred viewing experience for users. The Graphical User Interface (GUI) depends upon the display properties and settings of the screen and operating system. Customized look of the desktop and applications are possible with these attributes. Irrespective of the OS version, Windows help will assist users to tweak the settings and customize the viewing experience.
Often the users would like to adjust the desktop features and the screen resolution for a better experience. Windows help gives the procedures for changing the wallpaper, screen saver and other features. Changing the wallpaper, screen savers, icons and the mouse cursors will give the operating system a customized look so that users will not get bored with the mechanical look of the default operating system look.
Windows help for changing the display settings
- Right-click the desktop and click Personalize.
- XP users should click Start, then Control Panel, and select Display. This launches the general appearance settings links like Window Color, Desktop Background, and Theme. They refer to how the programs are displayed and controlled by the operating system.
- To check and edit the options to the graphics card and monitor, click Display Settings.
- Click the Display drop-down menu. This will show you which monitor is connected to the computer and which is set as default.
- Click the Resolution drop-down menu and check what resolution is set for the computer.
- By default the Recommended option will be enabled. If you want to change the setting, you can as you like.
- A larger resolution will allow more visual space on the screen.
- Click the Orientation drop-down menu to switch to Portrait computing.
- Click the Advanced Settings. This launches the settings for the graphics card and monitor refresh rates.
- The Adapter tab contains information about the graphics card and display modes that the card can support.
- The Monitor tab contains information about the monitor.
- Color Management tab allows the user to amend color settings as desired.
- Click Apply before closing these windows to change settings.
According to the changes made, the monitor and other features will be adjusted. This will give a new look to the system.
Hope this procedure will help you in customizing your system.