Different files and folders in the Windows are represented by icons and by changing these icons; you can give your computer a personalized look. Not only it would be easier for you to identify specific icons but also it will give your computer screen a fresh look.
Windows 7 icons are present in many locations such as the Start Menu, Desktop and in the Windows 7 taskbar. The Windows Explorer icon is a common sight in every computer and it stays the same unless the user wants to change it. To change the icon you cannot just right click on it and then select a new icon. Follow the instructions given below, recommended by the Windows 7 support team, which will help you to change the Windows Explorer icon located in the Windows 7 Taskbar.
Instructions to change the Explorer icon
- First of all, locate the Windows Explorer icon on your Windows 7 taskbar.
- Place your cursor on the icon and then right click on it. Select the option, “Unpin this program from Taskbar” to remove the icon from the taskbar.
- Type “Windows Explorer” into the search box located at the bottom of the menu. In the search results that are displayed, you can easily locate the Windows Explorer icon as it will be displayed near the top of the list.
- Right click on the Windows Explorer icon and then select the “Properties” option to view the “Windows Explorer Properties” pop-up window.
- Click on the “Change Icon” option to open the “Change Icon” window.
- A list of icons would be displayed, scroll through it and then select the icon that you would like to use. After selecting the icon, click on the “Ok” button.
- Click on the “Start” button located on the lower left corner of your screen. Type “Windows Explorer” into the search box and then from the search results, right click on the icon.
- Select the “Pin to Taskbar” option from the drop down menu. Now you can view the Windows Explorer in the taskbar sporting a new icon.
Thus, to change the Windows Explorer icon located in the Windows 7 taskbar, follow these simple instructions recommended by the Windows 7 support team.