Here we discuss some simple tips for customizing your Windows 7 computer. This includes tips on how to change the desktop background, changing themes, icons etc. If you do wish to change the desktop background to a specific image, follow the tips given below from Windows 7 help team for accomplishing it.
Tips For Changing Desktop Background
- The first thing that you need to do when you decide to change your desktop background image is to find an image for setting as the desktop background. The image can be taken from anywhere, from websites like Google images, Flickr, 500px or you can select an image taken using your digital camera.
- Navigate to the folder in which you have saved the image and then right click on it. Choose the option labeled Set as desktop background from the drop down context menu that appears on the screen.
- Now the new image will be set as the new desktop background.
Tips For Changing Desktop Icons
- For changing the desktop icons in the system, Windows 7 help center advises you to move the mouse pointer to any blank spot in the desktop and then right click on the spot. From the context menu that appears on the screen, select the Personalize option by clicking on its tab.
- From the small popup window that appears on the screen, you will be able to select the system icons you would like to have in the desktop. These include My Computer, Recycle Bin, Network, Favorites etc. For selecting a specific icon, you need to check the check box found next to the icon and if you would like to remove an icon from the desktop, just uncheck the check mark found in the check box found next to the option.
- You can also change the icons found in the desktop for system features by clicking on the Change Icon option after selecting the icon that you wish to change.
- The system will now display a set of icons in the screen, scroll down through the list of available icons and then select the one that you like the most.
- Click on the OK button found at the bottom of the page for saving the changes made to the system.
If you follow the simple instructions given above from the Windows 7 help team, you will be able to change the desktop features of your Windows 7 computer with ease.