Microsoft Outlook is an email client that comes bundled with the Microsoft Office pack. It has been used by computer users for generations, and has served the purpose of managing emails, messages, contacts, schedules and calendar events in an organized manner. The application also helps users to access multiple email accounts via a single inbox, saves newly arrived mails to the computer for later access, and thus saves much time for the users.
However, some users might feel that the program is unnecessary and want to remove Microsoft Outlook from their computer. The Windows help and support website offers tips to uninstall the program without troubling the other programs associated with the Microsoft Office bundle. Follow the below given steps to remove the Microsoft Outlook program using the Add/Remove Programs feature.
- Go to the desktop of your computer and click on the Start button to access the Start menu. Click on the Control Panel link on the right pane in the menu.
- In the Control Panel window, select the Add/Remove Programs option to open a list of programs installed in your computer.
- Locate the Microsoft Office entry in the list of installed applications and click once over it. The entry might highlight the installed edition of Microsoft Office as well. Select Change option present on the top of the window.
- A pop-up window would appear on the screen for Microsoft Office Setup. Mark the bubble against Add or Remove Features.
- Remove the check mark against the Microsoft Outlook option, and click Update. The action would automatically start the uninstallation process.
You can also remove the Microsoft Outlook program through the Windows Components Wizard.
- Go to the desktop of your computer and click on the Start button to open the Start menu. Click on the Control Panel option on the right pane in the menu.
- Click Add/Remove Windows Components link present at the right side of the resulting window. You will be directed to the Windows Component Wizard window.
- Locate the Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express entry in the window and remove the check mark against the option.
- Click Next to continue and select Finish after the removal procedure is completed.
- Restart the computer and check if the program is removed from your system.
Follow the above simple steps to uninstall Microsoft Outlook application from your computer. Contact Windows help and support website to resolve any other issues with the program.