Yes sometimes using Windows can run into a few issues. But Microsoft has put in place specific help tools to counter such situations. In fact there are several Windows help pop-ups in place, which according to the problem at hand, pops up with the relevant information. Despite the fact that this can prove to be pretty helpful, it can also turn out to be counter-productive by popping up at every other instant. Annoyances that disguise itself as help can turn out to be even more annoying.
Well there is a way out. By making some suitable changes to the settings you will be able to disable the feature completely. The changes are to be made in the Registry Editor utility as per the recommendations from Microsoft. This is an extremely easy process that requires some manual configuration, and for this very purpose Microsoft has in store a free wizard option that does the job for you on its own. Here are a few instructions on how to go about disabling the help pop-ups manually.
Instructions to Disable Help Pop-ups
- Open up the Start menu, click on Run and type regedit at the command prompt. This leads the Registry Editor to open up.
- Expand the HKEY_LOCAL_USER hive and continue expanding the following keys and sub-keys: SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Explorer, then click on the Advanced folder.
- Locate the empty space on the right pane and then do a right click on it. Select DWORD Value from the drop-down menu. A New Value #1 displays at the bottom of the other values in the list on the right pane.
- Rename the new DWORD you have created. Right-click on it and select “Rename” from the drop-down menu, if necessary.
- Enter the following name: EnableBaloonTips.
- Double-click the EnableBaloonTips. Now a dialog box opens up.
- Enter the value of “0” in the provided text field for its Value data and then click OK to confirm.
- Now move on to restart your PC.
Well with that we come to the end of the article. You will have now successfully blocked the feature of help pop ups appearing every now and then. Not to worry though, there are several other sources of help when you encounter a particular problem. Thank you for your time. Have a great day!