This article explains the Outlook email setup steps to setup Microsoft Outlook 2007 to work with the Web Wiz email account using a secure SSL connection. These Outlook email setup steps are focused on the Microsoft Outlook 2007 program but these settings can also be applied on the other versions of the Outlook program.
- Turn on your computer, open the Microsoft Outlook 2007 program, and from the Tools menu, select Account Settings.
- Choose the Email tab that is located under the Account Settings and click on the New button.
- In the Account Setup window, select Manually configure server settings or additional server types and then click on the Next button.
- Select Internet Email for the email service and click on the Next button again.
- In the Internet Email window, type in the information as shown below
Type in your first name and last name
The email address that you use in Outlook
Type in your email address again
For the Account Type, select POP3 from the drop-down menu
Incoming mail server
Type in mail.websitelive.net
Outgoing mail server (SMTP)
Type in the password of your email account
- Check the box next to Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA).
- After filling in the above details, click on the More Settings button.
- In the Internet Email Settings tab, navigate to the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check the box near to My outgoing (SMTP) requires authentication and leave the default option at Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Move to the Advanced tab and type in the information as shown below,
Incoming server (POP3)
Type in 995
Check the box near to This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)
Outgoing server (SMTP)
Type in 465
Use the following type of encrypted connection
From the drop down menu, select SSL
- After finishing these fields, click on the OK button.
- In the Internet Email Settings window, click on the Next button.
- After finishing the above steps, you can click on the Finish button.
These are the Outlook email setup steps to configure a POP3 email in the Outlook program with an SSL connection. If you have any more doubts, you can contact our tech support team or you may visit the Outlook help modules that are posted in the official Microsoft website.