In case you are using Windows, you might know something known as activation of the software. When newly installing a Windows OS (say Windows XP, just for example) in your system, you require activating it within a month (30 days). It is really not that difficult and you will only require activating the operating system after installing it. Why is activation necessary? When a user activates the copy of Windows XP, only then can he use it without getting the genuineness error. Activation is done in order to make sure that the copy of Windows XP has not exceeded the number of installations that are allowed for the user with the Windows OS License Agreement.
You can activate Windows OS using various methods. This Windows help guide will throw some light on the options available. The usual and commonest way to activate Windows XP OS is through the internet. Of course, you need to have access to the web. In case you are not having access to internet, you need not worry as you have another way, using which you will be able to activate Windows XP. Not having access to the internet, or if user prefers not to activate their Windows XP over the internet, then it is possible for them to do it through the phone. Here are the instructions to help you out:
Windows help instructions:
- First and foremost, you need to go to the ‘Start’ button. This, you will be able to find in the lower-left corner of your computer screen.
- Then you need to go to ‘All Programs’ from the ‘Start menu’ and then click on ‘Accessories’. Thereafter, click on the ‘System Tools’ and choose the ‘Activate Windows’ option.
- You can select the option ‘Yes, I want to telephone a customer service representative to active Windows now’.
- After that, you need to click on ‘Read the Windows Product Activation Privacy Statement’, then click on the ‘Back’ button and hit ‘Next’ button.
- Follow the on-screen prompts or instructions, which includes the phone number you wish to call. Click on the ‘Next’ button for proceeding.
- In case the process has finished successfully, you will receive a message like this ‘You have successfully activated your copy of Windows’. You need to click on ‘OK’ and your operating system XP will be activated.
So, you have thus activated the Windows OS through your mobile phone.